08 June 2009

And the verdict is.....

... since I just do not stim well enough to make IVF a good option, we're on to IUI#5, with injectables... to start with my next period (break out the white slacks). Another max dose gonadtropin + antagon cycle which is fine- many less days of injections and no birth control pills. Subcutaneous injections (thankfully not intramuscular again), until the trigger.

5% chance of success, but hey, it worked once.

Hear me roar.

Colorado consult tuesday of next week-- and perhaps that will result in a plan B, and you know me, I am all about options. I am ready to get going, I just don't want to sit a cycle out if I don't have to.

PS: Thank you for your sweet comments and book suggestions! Please keep 'em coming, this summer is bound to be chock full of 2 week waits.

6 comments:

onwardandsideways said...

Glad you are feeling better and making plans. And I really hope this one works.

If you care to share notes after you've talked to CCRM, let me know. Happy to share more of my experience, if it would be helpful.

Melissa said...

I love making plans! It makes me feel like I have some sense of control over the whole TTC experience :)

My book suggestions are:
- Water for Elephants
- Time Traveler's Wife
- Hunger Games
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Middlesex

Michele said...

I'll be crossing my fingers and saying lots of prayers! Good luck!

Eb said...

once my back is better and the next root canal is done i shall do the 'kate get preggers' dance every evening at 10pm!
An amazing book is The Bone People by Keri Hulme and Away by Amy swift (i think)
good luck!!

IF Optimist, then... said...

OK. I'm going to be a total armchair RE for a sec. If it seems like a complete douchebag thing to do, please, please just delete my comment. I am going to say it anyway because it keeps running through my mind.

Why would your RE office automatically decide on an IUI + injectible cycle before your baseline blood work and antral follicle count/ultrasound? I'm just curious cause it doesn't jibe with what I've read/researched.

Grade A said...

As a teacher, I agree with IF optimist. It's like deciding the B student is always going to be just that–with no hope for getting an A. Of course, you have to go with what feels right, but I think you are on the right track talking to CCRM as well.

Oh, and I loved the babyspirit experience-I'm a firm believer in listening to what the universe is telling us.

I'm so happy things are getting underway.