15 October 2009

diversion


Aww, my thanks to Jem of Ambivalent Womb for this award! I don't feel very over the top but will gladly take on the challenge to become so.

The Rules which I shall thwart forthwith:

1. You Can Only Use One Word! (HA!)
2. Pass this along to 6 of your favorite bloggers
3. Alert them that you have given them this award!
4. Have Fun!

The Fun Part

1. Where is your cell phone? by the bed (see? thwarting the rules from the first one!)
2. Your hair? Wild
3. Your mother? lovely, wonderful, loving, pragmatic, wherever she is is the place I will go after the apocalypse. Oh, and sweet smelling.
4. Your father? pink, smart as hell, so much like me in so many ways it freaks us both out when we are different, talented, thoughtful and heroic in a million ways that he cannot truly see
5. Your favorite food? cookies, specifically? snickerdoodles.
6. Your dream last night? fucked up
7. Your favorite drink? hot tea
8. Your dream/goal? to be calm most days, to spend time outside, to take time to be up to my ears in creative pursuits, to be intellectually challenged and to somehow combine things I do well with things I am discovering in a way that feels solid. Oh, and how cool would it be to not be panicked about money?
9. What room are you in? The orange room
10. Your hobby? fretting
11. Your fear? failure, death, loss
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? oh crap. somewhere with my kid, somewhere where I do not feel like this, somewhere happy and solid and safe and beautiful
13. Where were you last night? writing and chatting with my dear friend tammy, then having hell dreams during hell sleep (I LOVE YOU FLU!)
14. Something that you aren’t? carefree
15. Muffins? yes please
16. Wish list item? muffins, now that you mention it.
17. Where did you grow up? well, it is still happening. The north east, if that can include a motherlong 9 year stint in Rochester NY. I spent 1 year in seattle.
18. Last thing you did? typed a period.
19. What are you wearing? stripey pants, wool socks, a soft hoody and a grim expression
20. Your TV? off
21. Your pets? 1 crazed cat, finnegan.
22. Friends? beloved, most are far away, many are related to me. how lucky am I?
23. Your life? good except when it sucks rocks
24. Your mood? snotty achy heavy
25. Missing someone? Michael gosh darn it. A best friend who is far away in every sense.
26. Vehicle? Scion Xa. Obsolete but adored.
27. Something you’re not wearing? cowboy boots
28. Your favorite store? anything that has books in it. preferably in english.
29. Your favorite color? periwinkle blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? last night
31. Last time you cried? about an hour ago
32. Your best friend(s)? are more than I deserve
33. One place that I go to over and over? to the dark places, regret
34. One person who emails me regularly? my momma
35. Favorite place to eat? bowl

I nominate the following blogs for this award:

now.... this is where things get tricky. Whose blogs do I feel are over the top? not many. so the criteria will need to be different than that--
let's say--here are some folks whose voices I enjoy, who do not post a lot-- maybe this will entice them--
bb want to come out and play?
one pink line!
elle at babybunts, unless, you know, she is giving birth
amy and melissa!
just me, dawn
Jenn (the only one here who has some serious moments of delicious over-the-topness)


snotty flu-y achy kate? going back to bed.

1 comment:

Kim said...

thank you, kate- for your advice and comments...means alot and i appreciate it.

best of luck to you as well!!!