02 November 2009

cusps

Hello everyone.
I'll begin with the latest great news about my baby cousin- she is home and well and miraculous. How extraordinary, this ordinariness.

I am reading a Book-- Night Train to Lisbon-- all about identity, how we define ourselves, and what defines us. If you are not at midlife I am not sure I would recommend this one. And if you are content, do not open it. It rakes coals and will fuck with your sleep and equilibrium. David, read it at your own risk.

I saw a great documentary that I loved-- any one out there interested in indie/offbeat music, the documentary was on pbs and called Nowhere Now about the joshua tree music scene- amazing music and a peek into a wild vast rugged landscape and some intense creativity...

I've had a few big conversations, the kind that change things, that make you wonder and question and you cannot go back and unhave them. Some have been with people I have known a long while, some with near strangers, some have been shitty, some have been great. All of them Matter...

My trip went well in California that reminded me of pieces of myself I like and have missed for a long time, and I had a great visit with my dad in snowcovered Colorado under such a big wide sky.
Now I am home and bleary with travel and time changes and sudden dark and leafless trees. The moon is huge and high tonight, spooky behind high clouds and fingery bare branches.
And me? My day 2 scan is tomorrow, cyst to be aspirated if it is still there. And then we simply move forward with this new cycle and hope.

9 comments:

Grade A said...

Best of luck to my most favorite Kate.

warmly,
Mags

Anonymous said...

I totally get the trip to California thing and how it reminded you of pieces of yourself that you like and have missed.

Eb said...

welcome back! good luck tomorrow, Kate.
EB

irrationalexuberance said...

Good luck today (Tues). I'm glad you had a good vacation, and that you had time to reconnect with the parts of yourself that sometimes get forgotten. Welcome back!

Kate said...

Fingers crossed that the cyst has disappeared. Sounds like a great trip!

K said...

Welcome home and wishing you good news at your scan.

Barefoot said...

So glad to hear that your cousin is doing well -- how scary. Thinking lots of good thoughts for you as you move forward with this next cycle!

Phoebe said...

I'm glad your trip went well. Good luck with your scan tomorrow!

Kim said...

glad to hear everyone is doing well and you had a good trip. fingers crossed for you for this cycle!!