09 November 2009

possibly but probably not-update

Just a quick update, well, what can I say?
I am right on the cusp of the IUI vs IVF cutoff, so we'll rescan tomorrow- I have tons (for me) of follicles on the right side but but but they are small, so probably only the top 4 (2 from the left, and 2 from the right) will be even potentially mature. They are confident about 2. We are thinking I will trigger tomorrow night for whatever fun we'll have on thursday, but really? It is looking like IUI since my lead follicle is already at 17 (17,15,13, 13 and maybe 6 more under 10)--- E2 1498.... this decision may be out of my hands.
So, if IUI, I will try to be positive, since it is, after all, how I got pregnant. So it is possible, it can work...

but shit. I hate being on the fence, not being sure what we'll be able to do. And I just want to optimize our chances of success. But hey now, at least I have follicles! And my E2 from saturday indicates they are not decoys... so I will try to focus on being happy about that.

It is the most beautiful crazy warm breezy day here and I want to be home in the hammock after taking a long (orange vested) hike. Alas, work.

**update** we'll see how things are tomorrow but Dr. M is encouraged by my E2 and we may try to push things off one more day to see if we can get more on board. I am happy with this.
I may know more tomorrow.

12 comments:

sprogblogger said...

Hoping!

Barefoot said...

Ugh, ugh, ugh. Hoping you get some answers soon!

musicmakermomma said...

What an insane making situation! Of course all of it is...hoping you get lots of happy mature follies by tomorrow!

Phoebe said...

I love that you are staying positive. Hang in there! I'm sure you look fabulous in blaze orange ;)

Searching for Serenity said...

Kate, thank you so much for stopping by and offering your sweet and wise words.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you get a solid batch of follicles to work with this week.

Ever so silent, but frequently thinking of you.

-S4S

Kate said...

Here's hoping for more, for either a really over-the-top iUi or a good IVF!

just me, dawn said...

that is a nice E2! similar to mine the month I got my BFP with IUI....fingers crossed.

Jem said...

Keep being brave! It will all work out with time.

Anonymous said...

keeping it all crossed!

Elizabeth said...

Hi -- thinking of you often even thought I've been quiet. We'll save Liam's polar bear/lamb halloween outfit for you and yours. Hoping to be sending it about 9 months from now. Hang in there, what a nutty and consuming few days of monitoring. Love to you,
Elizabeth

IF Optimist, then... said...

Oh good luck in pushing it another day for more. I hope you get some good news and want you to have a big dose of happy magic. Your hammock sounds delightful, I want to swing and snooze.

Michele said...

hoping for more good news!