28 October 2010

-3

2 guys are here ripping shingles from the roof
unsubtle symbols of transformation
ungentle
necessary
eventually good
but right now all thundery thumping and hammering, pieces falling in front of the windows, things coming apart before then can be put back together-- this time the right way please...

And last night, the moon! Oh, the moon, a half but bright as full, it traced a path high across the sky casting shadows all during the second half of the night- and I was sleeping when the clouds came back. This morning is wet and gray and still, foggy, but starting to glow as the sun is trying to break through.

I could go with imagery of things falling apart, hidden damage, or things obscured,
or
I can revel in transformation, in light, in the beauty of shadow.

Guess which way I'm headed?

Raspberry leaf tea sweetened with honey cooling in a tall mug, and a day of work ahead, I'm ok.


7 comments:

Michele said...

Revel... Dear One, just revel. :)

Joanne said...

Hi, long time reader here but unfortunately lurker up til now. Just a quick note to let you know I'm thinking of you as you're gearing up for the big day. I love the countdown posts. Just hope that you're not surprised/disappointed if they end up going into +1 +2 +3 etc. as they often do for a first baby! :-) Best wishes for a joyful birth. Late Oct. / early Nov. is a wonderful time to have a birthday.

Anonymous said...

Oy. That is my nightmare--baby imminent, house torn up.
I hope they get it put back together ASAP!

B. said...

Nothing like a little construction noise to augment a peaceful revelry, eh? Enjoy the tea! Soon, soon, soon!

Jamie said...

Totally did the construction thing while in labor...and when I got home from the hospital.

Thinking of you often! I'll keep checking in on you :)

Erin Bakal said...

Transformation both symbolic and literal... I am so glad that you can see the beauty in shadow and revel in the light!

IF Optimist, then... said...

We are still counting off for you but soon, dear Kate, Celeste will run out of toes and Vivien run out of fingers. We also are so excited to greet this new person into the light of our universe. Sending love and hope for good health and cherished memories.