07 November 2010

week 41, update

So yeah, our first trip to L&D!
And home again.

A little gush of very warm fluid, then another-- not urine, so I called and they told me to come in to see if it is amnionic fluid. Nope. They said Lochia maybe...but that does not make sense. So I have no idea.
But I am contracting every 5-6 minutes (they feel like B&H with some fun intense moments with major cervical sensation), and I lost my mucus plug at the hospital...
and while they did check (good lord) I am not at all dilated. Just not.

So-- home to rest and eat and drink and walk and shower and rest more..
they said to call again when the contractions are 3-5 minutes apart, intense, and lasting a minute each. Or if another gush of fluid...
They said they think they'll see us before morning, but if not...we have a morning appointment if nothing happens between now and then.

Babe looked great on the monitor
and that is what matters MOST.

Contraction right now, wow. Feels surreal. But I also know it could be days yet.

So-- I do realize this: regardless of how this plays out, I am not sure when I will update. If I don't, my sister or my darlin' eventually will.
Thank you all for your amazing support and encouragement and kindness.
This whole thing is one hell of a ride.

14 comments:

Mo said...

Oh my goodness!!! Here you go!!! Wishing you strength and peace in your labor. I - and many others - will be out here, thinking of you and doug and your little one. Sending all love to you tonight!

Mo

It is what it is said...

Wow oh wow. It feels like baby is a comin (duh!).

Good luck with everything...try to focus on the birth and not the road to it as much. The road will fade...

Peace to you and congrats (in advance)!

Grade A said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Kate, this is it!!! SO exciting!!! We are sending you the best happy, healthy baby and momma vibes!

warmly,
Magsy

Somethingtogrow said...

Thinking of you and sending good vibes for a smooth labor and a healthy baby. Can't wait to hear the good news!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate,
It is starting! Best wishes for the arrival of your beloved baby. I will be thinking of you. Karen

Melissa said...

So excited for you Kate. Not long until your little one is in your arms!

t said...

ack! here you go lady!! can't wait to see an update with the good word. xo. t

Mad Hatter said...

WOW WOW WOW! You sound so wonderfully calm - I am soooooo excited for you!! Thinking of you and sending lots of good energy!!
Love,
Maddy

Melissa said...

so close so close so close! Kate, I wish you an amazing transition from now to when your new babe is in your arms. It won't be long now. I can't wait to hear the good news....whenever that might be. Thinking of you!

Joanne said...

Hehe, exciting! Try going to bed to get some rest soon. If labour is imminent (hopefully it is) contractions will wake you up.... get that rest now while you still can!! Cheers!

sprogblogger said...

Yay! Not too long now - SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

Anonymous said...

Have been reading your blog a few months but never commented before. I too went to the L&D (and home) with my youngest and they also told me not amniotic fluid. Well, the waters broke with wallop by two a.m. just to prove them wrong. Hope yours go as quickly and safely! Great luck and love to you!

tireegal68 said...

Sending lots of love! This is so exciting! You get to meet your little one very soon! Good luck!

Circus Princess said...

Good luck! Wishing for a speedy and safe delivery! See you on the flip side :)