25 December 2010

Love

I spend a lot of time thinking about gratitude, steeped in it, reveling.
Even with tears and hard times, I cannot think of anything I would rather be doing than this. Yes, even with the fumbling newness of me in this role.

I am beyond lucky.

I got a call from Boston IVF checking in on me (I called when she was born but apparently it was not communicated to my doc's office specifically) and I got choked up telling this perfect stranger about her.

What if they had not said yes?

Today we go to my beloved sister's to celebrate being together more than anything else.
Tomorrow a snow storm will complicate our travels.
And, believe me universe, there is no place I would rather be than this.

Happy holidays to all of you, however you celebrate, and even if you don't. For me this is about the return of light and gathering with loved ones.

Ands a sincere hope: May all your wishes come true in the new year.

3 comments:

tireegal68 said...

Lovely! Love and light to you, your precious family and our sisters in IF!

Erin Bakal said...

May the joy that fills you continue throughout the year to come.

Joannah said...

You have been richly blessed this year, Kate! I am so very happy for you. Kiss Della for me.