17 January 2012

Dread

Just a quick update to say that Doug is on the mend after several dramatic and rocky days of purging. Della is fine fine, and I finally feel like my own self again. This virus sucked.  Having Doug get it, and go down for the count, made me feel slightly less wimpy. All I could do was lie there and whimper and while he did not whimper once (out loud)-- I could tell it was bad.

So, we don't have to dread it anymore.

Odd thing, dread.  Dread is often bigger than the thing itself, certainly more thorny, much more complicated since all the possible scenarios must be attended to with sufficient worry and contingency planning.  And now? Dread-be-gone. Reality happened, as it tends to do.




3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hello! You've been on my mind; why can't I seem to make the time to keep more up with the people who nurture me?

So glad to hear the blech is well and truly headed out the door.

Take good care, sending love from a snowy NW. We're meant to have another 24 hours for snow and then, of course, rain.

It Is What It Is said...

It is the WORST when an entire house comes down with a stomach bug. So glad you are all on the mined.

tireegal68 said...

Oh wow! I'm kind of living with the dread too! It's all over Chicsgo but still not here yet. Dread is so right! Glad you are all on the mend!